T.I.'s a Hero?

By MXL on 10/14/2010 09:39:00 AM

Tagged: , , ,



I know I'm a day late with this one, but I had to absorb it all before I spoke on it.

From the AJC:

Rapper T.I. stepped in to help police negotiators trying to talk a man out of jumping to his death from a 22-story Midtown building Wednesday afternoon. ...

The rapper told WSB Radio he was on the way to shoot a video when he heard about the man threatening to end his life. He drove to the scene and told a police officer he wanted to help. Another officer taped a quick video message which was then sent to the man on the roof, T.I. told the radio station.

And just like that, this anonymous dude no longer wanted to Shoulder Lean his ass off of One Atlantic Center.



I call bullshit on this one. More after the stretch.


STRETCH...

OK, I believe in coincidence, but a coincidence of this proportion is a lil' too coincidental.

You mean to tell me that a jumper just randomly chose One Atlantic Center — the building that houses local radio station V-103 — to jump off of? You mean to tell me that T.I. just happened to be listening to the station and was in the area? You mean to tell me that he rolled up to the scene and just happened to be allowed to intervene in a police negotiation? You mean to tell me that this suicidal man just happened to have a change of heart at T.I.'s behest? And all this just happened to happen two days before T.I.'s court date?


Getdafuckouttaherewitthatbullshit.


Call me a conspiracy theorist, but wouldn't it be really easy for Tip's lawyers to stand before the judge and play the "this guy is REALLY needed" card again in attempts to get his impending sentence reduced? My far-fetched theory is that the "jumper" was planted and that the whole "suicide attempt" was orchestrated to make The Rubberband Man look like an actual superhero.

And don't think I'm sayin' this because I've got a problem with Tip 'cause I don't. I think his probation violation was really fuckin' stupid, but we all do dumb shit sometimes so I get that. I'm sayin' this because if it smells like bullshit, walks like bullshit and claims to jump off a building like bullshit, it probably is bullshit.

I really hope I'm wrong.

**UPDATE**

Guess I wasn't the only one whose eyebrow was raised by T.I.'s apparent heroism earlier this week. CNN interviewed Kang Cliff and had him address, among other things (i.e. his court appearance today), his part in the rescue and whether or not it was a stunt designed to gain some positive press before his court appearance. You can probably guess his response.




**UPDATE #2**

Verdict's in. Back to the bing Tip goes. Eleven months. Obviously, the hero card didn't play too well. Here's his lawyer:



Damn, Tip. SMH.





Supplier: AJC

0 comments for this post



free hit counter for your website or blog