BALLLLINNN'!!! Brooklyn Mom Hits Jackpot

By MXL on 9/25/2010 06:46:00 AM

Tagged: , , ,


When I hear about someone hitting one of these big, multi-million dollar lotto jackpots, more often than not I get a mental picture of what the lucky bastard looks like: rural, possibly toothless hick-type from the middle of nowhere wearing cowboy boots or rubber fishing waders and drinking moonshine from a Mason jar. Oh, and I ALWAYS envision them being White.

And I'm usually right.

Not this time, though. Garina Fearson, a 34-year-old corrections officer from BK, is the country's latest multimillionaire after hitting last week's $54 million Mega Millions jackpot.

From the NY Post:

"Fearon said she bought the wrong ticket at a Sutter Avenue bodega, where she went to play Powerball, not Mega Millions.

"I only play every six months or so," said Fearon, who has a 16-year-old son and a 14-year-old daughter.

She held on to the ticket all weekend, and didn't think about it until Monday, when she asked a co-worker for a newspaper. She scribbled the winning numbers on the back of an inmate pass as her shift ended.

As she waited for the bus, she made the amazing discovery.

"I was about to fold up the lottery ticket," Fearon said. "Then I saw the numbers, and I started running from one part of the parking lot to the other screaming."

Fearon will take the lump sum cash option, which will pay about $30 mil before taxes.

She says that other than buy a home for her ailing mother in Jamaica, she doesn't really know what she'll do with the money — but she does NOT plan on quitting her job.

Shit, I wouldn't be surprised if she took on eight or nine more jobs. Even with millions of dollars, one job is not nearly enough. Hey mon!

She's better than me, 'cause quitting my job is the FIRST thing I would do. The second thing I'd do is buy a platinum-and-diamond grill and get a replica of the Sistine Chapel tattooed on my back. Then I'd start a record label ("Squeezebox Entertainment") and make accordion-based Hip-Hop. I'd call myself "Polka Flocka Flames" or "Polkaveli."

All jokes aside, congrats to Garina. She's been through some shit in her life and can finally live it up.

Read the whole story here.



Supplier: NY Post

0 comments for this post



free hit counter for your website or blog