Obama's A Racist?

By MXL on 7/29/2009 04:53:00 PM

Tagged: , , ,

Yes he is, according to FOX New's Glenn Beck. He said so on the Fox & Friends morning show yesterday. Here's a snippet:



My reflections after the stretch.

STRETCH...

OK, so when I read this headline on USA Today this afternoon I wasn't surprised. I mean, this is Fox News -- that's the type of shit they do over there.

But what stands out to me is how confused Beck seems to be. First he says,

He's exposed himself over and over and over again as a guy with a deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture -- I don't know what it is...


Then, he goes on to say:

I'm not saying that he doesn't like white people, I'm saying that he has a problem and that this guy is, I believe, a racist...


Soooo, first Beck says Obama hates white people. Then he says Obama doesn't dislike white people, but he's still a racist. How, exactly, does that work?

This whole conversation was sparked when the Fox & Friends crew were getting Beck's opinion on Obama's comments about the Henry Louis Gates arrest (he said the Cambridge PD "acted stupidly"). While I don't think Obama should've commented on something that probably should've been kept a local issue, his defense of his ol' Harvard colleague are in no way a sign of his intrinsic racism, as Beck suggests.

(And, for the record, I don't think the Gates arrest was the result of racial profiling. It was the result of an arrogant policeman.)

Glenn Beck's probably been looking for a reason to call Obama a racist, but this one's pretty weak. You gotta come harder than that, Becky.


0 comments for this post



free hit counter for your website or blog